A C1 licence is a category on your licence that entitles you to drive larger vehicles. In the ambulance service the vehicles used range from four and a half to five and a half tonnes.
The roles you will require a C1 licence for
- Qualified Paramedic
- Student Paramedic
- Qualified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Care Support Worker (ECSW)
- Apprentice Emergency Care Support Worker
- Patient Transport Service contracts may also require a C1 licence.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust website has more information in regards to the C1 provisional license, a C1 licence and any C1 reimbursements that may be available.
** Applying for a provision C1 licence includes various steps including a medical assessment (medical & eyesight test).